Great to read your comment Owlish. Those dust puppies sound wispy and adorable. Cleverly done.
I'm leaving this in Day Three and Day Four - just in case I missed you on Day Three. I must confess to being intrigued - I haven't yet worked out who you are from my email list - or have you joined us through the blog? Anonymity is a-ok - and we all know what curiosity did to the kat - but I must confess that I'm really, really intrigued...
If you're on the email list, would you like to shoot me a quick note - or you could post a comment on the blog and because it's a moderated site I can read it and delete it without posting it for general viewing.
Or you can keep the curious kat in suspense... and keep the haiku coming.
12 comments:
rain rain
green things growing
on my old boots
clothesline turns
kookaburra wobbles -
laughs
Agonizingly
Plaintive cries of two black Crows
Keeps awake the night
I have taken these words from a speech by Scottish author Andrew O'Hagan.
Let the word go out
Literature is the news
that stays news
Beyond our house lights
the creek trees sigh in darkness
and breed aliens
Great to read your comment Owlish. Those dust puppies sound wispy and adorable. Cleverly done.
I'm leaving this in Day Three and Day Four - just in case I missed you on Day Three. I must confess to being intrigued - I haven't yet worked out who you are from my email list - or have you joined us through the blog? Anonymity is a-ok - and we all know what curiosity did to the kat - but I must confess that I'm really, really intrigued...
If you're on the email list, would you like to shoot me a quick note - or you could post a comment on the blog and because it's a moderated site I can read it and delete it without posting it for general viewing.
Or you can keep the curious kat in suspense... and keep the haiku coming.
Smiling!
bog
rain sodden world-
smile
Lone buck sways
tussle on the ground
dingoes feed
(I tried to intervene with nature yesterday, but the 'roo wouldn't be helped. Exhausted by the pack, yet afraid of me, it didn't stand a chance.)
cluster of eggs -
insects hatching with
bright yellow butts
propellor spinning
sound of water
sucked from the ground
the candle is
shorter –
burnt both ends
Peaceful steady rain
tapping leaves and hitting awnings
a constant pace filling tanks
Post a Comment